This is what the Fourth of July looked like before the Schism:
This is what the Fourth of July looks like after the Schism:
- The Fourth of July was much more fun before Steve’s unwarranted dismissal. Now it’s apparently just tears and kazoo anthems against a plain background (not that I have anything against plain blue backgrounds 😉 ).
- That said, however, I do enjoy Walter’s kazoo harmonies.
- Daaaaaaaamn, Steve as Beaker totally killed the piccolo part on “Stars and Stripes Forever!”
- On a related note, I never thought I would say this, but I MISS RIZZO!
- Sam the Eagle clearly stopped plucking his eyebrow(s) sometime between 2009 and 2015.
- It’s really difficult to take pride in a country where kids are put in cages by pumpkin-headed demagogues, which is an incongruous thing to post on a Muppet blog, but it’s something that unfortunately has to be iterated and reiterated until our lawmakers get the point.
2 thoughts on “Muppets’ Fourth of July: Before and After”
I’ve also lost a lot of Red White and Blue fever from the Trumpists. Today I’m surrounded by giant puppets at our Village Festival. I’ll enjoy this.
Well…I think it’s important to at least try to take ownership of our patriotic feelings and not let the other side conflate patriotism with Trumpism. We should try to acknowledge what is still good in our country while continuing to call out and address what is going horribly, horribly wrong. I think it’s important to try, but that doesn’t make it easy.
Village festivals and giant puppets sound fun. Enjoy!
LikeLiked by 1 person